Monday, August 26, 2013

Club Ride to Grenfell, 25 August


The Crew

Trevor, our fearless leader FJR1300

Ian Paterson Mafia Black Bike

Peter Arday ST 1300

Brian Agius ST 1100

Darren Cullen 1250 Bandit

Andrew Campbell ZX14R

Garry McCurley VFR1200

Chris Dietzel GTR1400

Mike and Tracey ST1050

Arthur McGlynn Kawasaki 1700

Kris Jirasek GSX1300R

Marilyn Starick Ducati MS1100

Mel Honda

Michelle Mount    Burgman 650

Derick and Margaret Titheridge V Max 1200 Outfit



Hi all,


This is my maiden run writing a ride report. Please be gentle with me. Apologies if I have missed any names, these are the ones I remember, or didn’t specify exactly the way we went or returned.


Well, the day started off bright and sunny and we were all looking forward to the ride. We moved off down the Barton Highway towards our first coffee stop at Terra Cotta CafĂ© in  Harden/Murramburrah. We were all ready for that coffee as the sun had disappeared and it stayed rather cool – not that anyone was hugging the fireplace or anything at the Cafe! Good coffee and cake with a blueberry muffin waiting for the owner to claim it. 
 

Back on the road and onwards to Grenfell and the pub for lunch. Trevor had us going along at a nice pace. I had a turn corner marking and had some fun ‘catching up’. We all arrived and ordered our lunches. Even though we had to give our names with the order, some of us still ended up taking someone else’s lunch. Luckily they were all the same orders. 

After lunch, it was time to say goodbye to our fearless leader Trevor as he, Peter, Brian and Ian were all heading off to Broken Hill. Peter was dabbing at his face and I reassured him that we would be ok without them so he needn’t cry. We would see him again soon.


So we were leaderless. Luckily Darren stepped up and lead us back to Harden. He took us along the Kingsvale Road back. At Murramburrah, after a couple of us refuelling, we all elected to just keep going homeward bound. Darren lead us a bit further until we got to the highway and then it was each man for himself. I passed Darren and looked in my mirror and noticed I had a tail. 

 We were all well-behaved until just passed Capricorn Estate I saw an opportunity to overtake a few cars for a last bit of fun. I took off and wondered if the tail was paying attention. Nope, I was on my own until I stopped at the lights, near Nicholls petrol station, where Andrew caught me. We said our goodbyes and he thought maybe I shouldn’t lead a ride. 
 

Anyway, an enjoyable day riding and sharing chit chat and laughs. KJ