Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Goulburn Historic Waterworks Museum - 15 July 2012

Ride leader Peter Arday

I thought it was my turn to write the ride report just to show I am more than just a good looking companion.

Skipper in his module with the chauffeur, Mick Beltrame + R1150GSA

The other human participants –
  • David Campbell            F650GS
  • Rick Costan                Monster
  • Garry McCurly             VFR1200
  • Malcolm Stewart          ST1300
  • Mike Kelly                   DL650
  • Richard Hay                FJR1300
  • Andrew Campbell        GL1800
  • Scott Preston              Can Am
  • Ken Mac                     V-Strom
  • Peter Arday                ST1300
  • Michael Winters   Triumph Sprint
As you can see we are waiting for the human participants to arrive.



I have taken the ready pose to start our journey and am only waiting for my Chauffeur to start my module’s operating vehicle.


We arrived at the Goulburn Waterworks Museum with the temperature decreasing and showers wetting my module. Luckily my jacket and warm fur coat kept me dry.

In the Museum car park we inspected other bikes and an array of vintage cars on parade.

Then the riders went inside to inspect the working steam driven engines which they say delivers water to my bowl but I do not believe them as I live in Canberra.





The human participants sat around eating, drinking and chatting while the showers persisted. Surprisingly the ride leader suggested a short ride to Gunning where they could enjoy a sit down lunch at the Hume Café as the Waterworks café was too busy to cater for us.

Yes, even the photographer stuffed up by dropping his wife’s camera on the way to Gunning. I had a laugh at the thought of him losing his head once he got home from a simple accident. But as you can see the camera still works even after bouncing along the road at a hundred kilometres an hour.

Thank you to the human participants and my chauffeur for helping me to escape from my back yard restraints for another entertaining excursion.

Thanks Peter for another great ride.

Kipper the wonder companion

Don’t tell the chauffeur, who is my best friend that I wrote this because he doesn’t like me using his computer